Access some excellent resources to help you plan for college as high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors.
- www.KnowHowToGo.org: What You need to know from middle school through senior year to get to college.
- www.Number2.com: All about the standarized tests – ACT, SAT and even GRE. Practice questions in vocabulary and math.
- www.collegescholarships.org/scholarships/foster.htm: Scholarships for students who have been in foster care.
- www.fastweb.com: Free scholarship search engine.
- www.fafsa.ed.gov: the site for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or the FAFSA. Includes the FAFSA4Caster for juniors. The FAFSA.com site is for paid help in preparing your FAFSA, much like a tax preparer might help you with your taxes.
- www.scholarshipjunkies.com: A site created by University of Washington student Sam Lim (who paid for 100% of his college expenses with scholarships, including two study abroad trips!) with tips and resources for applying for scholarships.
- Scholarjet.com: A unique way to earn scholarships through actions rather than writing. Brand new and just starting up, it’s a labor of love for Northeastern University scholarship students to give back.